ANA prides itself on “making standards matter.” The goal of ANA is to provide families with a selection of nanny agencies that uphold the highest standards in childcare recruitment.
As a client, finding a nanny can seem like an overwhelming task. One needs a nanny who gets along well with their children, and who meets your qualifications and experience requirements, who possess’ the skills appropriate for their child/ren’s age group, ability and needs, AND who fits your family dynamics.
An ANA agency, like Rockmybaby®, will talk you through the process and be there to guide and support you all the way through, from selection and matching of an applicants, to sending you a CV, arranging interviews and finally to the point where you are ready to offer the job.
Rockmybaby® mirrors ANA’s code of ethics. Nanny Agencies belonging to the Association of Nanny Agencies (ANA) abide by the codes of good practice, and do their very best to provide a quality service to both families and nannies.
Follow these steps to learn more about how to best use a Nanny or Household Staff Agency
- Only use reputable childcare agencies (i.e. Rockmybaby® London)
- Contact the agencies to evaluate their services, and get the feel of the relationship you would have with them. All ANA approved nanny agencies should be courteous and professional. If you leave a message, they should get back to you within a reasonable amount of time. Follow your instincts!
- There are many questions that you should ask the nanny agencies, including fees, payment schedule, and what background checks they perform on the Applicants. Much information can already be displayed on the Agency’s website – do have a good browse for information.
- You should have an opportunity to describe your requirements, and discuss the salary on offer, to ensure that everything you ask for is realistic, and the salary in line with market rates. Please do follow advice!
- Once you have decided which agency / agencies you would like to use, you will be asked to sign a contract agreeing Terms, and you will complete a Registration Form in which you detail all your requirements. (Sometimes the Contract and Form can be combined.)
- There is technically no limit to the number of agencies you sign up to, but be clear and open with them from the start to avoid any doubling up on CVs, or confusion over Applicants. Please remember that it can be best for both Parties if you select just one Agency in whom you sense you can place your Trust, and work with them closely – that way they build a good understanding of you and your Family, and should be able to do their job well.
- The Agency will source Applicants on your behalf, interview them in person, take up and verify references, perform ID checks and apply for enhanced DBS checks as appropriate.
- Your agency will then send you out CV’s, schedule interviews with Nannies who fit your criteria, and support you through the interview process.
- Although our ANA agencies will have already verified the references, we do always recommend that you follow up on your prospective nanny’s reference for yourself – if you are at the point of job offer, most referees are happy to speak to you, and we will have already told them that you wish to do that, and given your name so that your call is expected.
- Once you have chosen the nanny you would like to employ, your agency can provide you with an employment contract, and details of a suitable Nanny or Household staff payroll company.
The support of your agency doesn’t stop once you have found your Nanny or Nanny Housekeeper, and they will always be happy to offer future support and guidance should you need them.
Written by Ruth Maurandy